COMMITTED

Filed by Jason Knetge, GBWC
GBI Case File No. GBWC-2008-26/313

2008
Ghostbusters Omnibus Timeline Year Twenty-Six
The echoing of foot steps filled the cavernous halls of the Burbank insane asylum . The mad screams of the committed residents did little to unnerve Dr. Scott Jarvis as he made his way to the family of one of his patients . Even though they were dressed in the best fashion the could afford, their image of being financially fortunate was offset by there somber expressions and surroundings.

Mr and Mrs . Oliver, along with their daughter, got up from their seats as Dr Jarvis approached . Mr. Oliver was the first to greet him " Dr. Jarvis "

" Mr. and Mrs. Oliver " He replied with a hand shake ." Thank you both for coming " . He then looked at their thirteen year old daughter ." Oh, and I'm glad to see that you could make it as well, Missy . Your brother has been asking about you and seems to do better when you visit . "

Missy's face brightened a bit at the statement .

Mrs. Oliver then spoke up " Doctor, can you please tell us about our son? "

" Oh yes , well, follow me . " Dr. Jarvis then led them down the hall to their son's room " Well your son Kevin hasn't shown any real sign of improvement, but we still have several more treatments. "

" Nothing at all ? , He hasn't shown any ? Not even after the electric shock therapy ? " Stated Mrs. Oliver as she put her hands on her face .

" I'm afraid not . " Dr. Jarvis then shuffled through his notes " He is still claiming that a three-eyed, hairless red cat is speaking to him . He is still saying that it comes hovering in through the wall. "

Mr. Oliver just sadly shook his head

" We have been giving him some medication to calm his paranoia and to prevent any violent outbursts."

Mrs. Oliver tried to keep from crying . " My poor baby is losing his mind and I can't help him ! "

" Your son will get better. This is one of the best hospitals is the state. " Dr. Jarvis said reassuringly .

" Dr. Jarvis ? " inquired Missy . " What if he really is seeing something ? . Something that is hiding itself from all of us , something paranormal ? . Maybe we should call the Ghostbusters "

Dr. Jarvis dismissed the statement with a chuckle. " The Ghostbusters ?, They're nothing but a bunch of fakes and charlatans "

" But what if the Ghostbusters could help ...... "

"Missy hush now ! " Said Mrs. Oliver cutting her off with a stern tone.

" It's quite all right. Most children her age still believe and live in the world of fiction and fantasy , not yet ready to accept the facts of reality. " stated the doctor as he rubbed her hair .

" Is he still having the visions ? " inquired Mr. Oliver as he came to the door of the room .

" Sadly, your son is still claiming an imaginary creature is speaking to him , but I'm certain that problem will go away if we continue with the electric therapy. " Dr. Jarvis then led them into the room with their son .

Kevin lay in his cot . His focus shifted from the drab walls to his visitors .

" Oh, Kevin ! " cried Mrs. Oliver as she rushed to her son arms out .

Kevin managed to sit up best he could to return the hug .

" Hello, Kevin. I see this is one of your better days, " said Dr. Jarvis as his scribbled down some notes.

" Yeah so far so good " croaked Kevin as he laid back in his cot, glancing at his family with a smile . He had been there so long and been through so much he was happy for the visit .

Smiling, Mrs Oliver rubbed her son's head as Dr. Jarvis continued to as questions . " So and how are the new medications doing ? "

" Whatever it is I think it's working , I'm feeling a lot calmer . "

Mr. Oliver, who at this point had moved to the side of his son adjacent from Mrs. Oliver, gave a hint of a smile as he patted his son's shoulder .

Missy wasn't sure and hesitated just a bit before she approached . She then started seeing the intense expression that came over her brother .

Suddenly Kevin's eyes went wide " No ... no ... NO ... GO A WAY !!! " he then lunged in the direction of his sister , " Leave me alone! "

Mrs. Oliver leapt back out of the way as her husband and Dr. Jarvis rushed in, wrestling Kevin back to his bed . The tears that she held back came rushing out " My poor little Kevin , what's happening to you? " The intensify of the sight was too much for her and she found herself having to look a way .

Kevin continued to thrash about as his father tried to reach him " Kevin ... Kevin ....come on, Son, you have to calm down. " He then gave a quick glance at Missy who was still up against the wall in shock " Come on Son, that's your sister . You know her. "

" Let me go .. let me go " yelled Kevin as he tried to get back up " It's here it's in the room " His attention affixed to one corner of the room .

"Come down Kevin...You have to remember that is all in your head , " stated Dr. Jarvis, managing to get one of the straps on the bed to restrain Kevin. He then puled a hypodermic out " I'm going to give you something that will help you relax. "

At this point Missy was slowly making her way to the door of the room wishing she could do more for her brother . " If only the G... " she stopped, hearing some commotion from out side the room .

The door was then suddenly kicked open as three men in blue and orange jump suits rushed in. The voice of the nurse echoed in the hall " I said you're not allowed in here!!! " .

Each man was brandishing an odd piece of technology that was attached to a even odder blinking pack .

The tallest man with the beard and a name tag that said Stevens , was the first to speak " OK, Andy you sure this is the room with the strongest readings ? ? "

The man wearing the Notre Dame hat who's tag said Harness, was the next to say some thing . " Yeah this room is smoking with PKE . " He then turned to the third man who was just a bit shorter and had a widows peak with Hicks on his name tag . " Hey, Jeremy, slap on a pair of ecto goggles and see if anything's here ."

Jeremy smiled as he snapped the goggles over his face and started toward the room ,

" WHAT is the meaning of this ? " inquired Dr. Jarvis , obvious disapproval in his voice . He went up to the one with the Stevens tag on his chest '" Just who do you think you are ? "

The man straightened up " I'm Dr. Kyle Stevens and these are my assistants, Dr. Andy Harness and Jeremy Hicks , and we are the ..... "

" ...The Ghostbusters! " yelled Missy with joy causing the attention to fall on her for just a bit .

Dr. Jarvis turned back to Kyle " This is a place a healing--You charlatans weren't summoned so you have no place here !!!"

" We were contracted by a Miss Missy Oliver " said Kyle firmly, not backing down to Dr. Jarvis's verbal assault. " She stated her concern for her brother and I would consider it very unprofessional if we didn't investigate. "

" Look over there " interrupted Jeremy as he pointed to an empty corner.

In the blink of a eye Andy spun around firing a beam from his proton pack . Its intense glow illuminating the drab room with it's colors .

One would expect the beam to blow a crater in the wall but instead it coiled around some unseen thing . A loud screech rang out as a red cat-like creature faded in and out . It screamed in pain as it struggled to break free .

" That 's it! You've got it ! " shouted Kyle as he pushed Dr Jarvis aside and fired his own beam " Jeremy get the trap."

Almost before he said it, Jeremy had the trap in place under the creature, which was now in full view " OK...in one ...... two ......"

" THREE!!!!! " they all yelled in unison . Kyle and Andy stopped firing as Jeremy stomped on the trap pedal , a white inverted come shot up sucking the creature down . It's horrid screeching silenced by the shutting of the trap's door .

Jeremy held up the trap examining the lights " Alright I think we got it , Andy ? "

Andy gave one last good scan of the room with his PKE meter " Yep , I'm not getting anything here so I'll say a job well done! "

Kyle gave one last look at Dr. Jarvis--who's mouth was hanging open at this point--before addressing everyone else in the room " Thank you for calling the Ghostbusters West Coast, and sorry if we were any inconvenience. We realize you have a choice and we thank you for calling us . "

Andy then handed a bill over to Dr. Jarvis and then all three men were out of the room as quick as they came .

Missy rushed over past her stunned parents to Kevin and gave him a hug. A single tear ran down his cheek as he smiled and returned the hug .


The End
Questions? Comments? Go to the GBWC Message Board

Based on Ghostbusters Created by Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis

Ghostbusters West Coast Division Created by Andy Harness and Vincent Belmont

#3714-20080615u
Established 20080630m
Version 20210914t